Sunday, January 16, 2011

is there an explanation?????

doing a little more reading.....of course, I came across a group on Fetlife with a list of blogs.....off I went, coffee in hand, missing having contact with Master today..........

One particular post caught my eye...it was everything I was thinking and unable to express...and believe me I tried.....its taken hours, and everytime I just delete and start over.

so after asking permission to use...here it is......

MANY MANY thanks to _sub_girl



what is it specifically that you find appealing about being controlled?
I was struggling with getting my words out... I realized that the appeal isn't so much in being controlled, rather it is in the powerlessness that goes hand-in-hand with giving the control to someone else.

Therein lies a distinction that is important for me to make note of.  There is a marked difference between giving your power up and having it taken from you.  I don't ever want my power taken from me.  I'm too... strong to be okay with that.  It is extremely important to me that I always maintain a shred of control - i.e. having a safe word, the ability to look my owner/master/dom in eye and for him to recognize I'm not okay with what's going on.

Powerlessness (i.e. being controlled) means quiet.  Quiet in my head from the never-ending noise that makes me go, go, go until I feel so overwhelmed I give up and do nothing.

Powerlessness means structure.  Knowing that I'm expected to accomplish a specific task(s) and there will be consequences if I do not.

Powerlessness means relief.  Relief from feeling that I have to be in control all the time and make everything perfect.

Powerlessness means relinquishing the headache and heartache that comes with having to be right all the time.



and here is the link for any of you that would love to continue reading...hope you enjoy it as much as I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment