Thursday, July 7, 2011

He is home...

He is finally home.

I found a message on my phone yesterday morning, letting me know He was home safe and well, that He had missed me and was looking forward to catching up with me.

I think I listened to that message about 35 times.

As I expected, after a month away from work, He is inundated, staff wanting His time and attention, there was probably a million messages waiting and I know for the foreseeable future that there will probably be back to back meetings as well.

But its like I could take a deep breath for the first time in a month.

We chatted a little online yesterday in between Him having phone calls and all sorts in the office.

I am proud of myself a little, I held onto my submission, only just at times, but I did. I didnt really throw too many temper tantrums...( I think)
Anyone who has followed my blog at all will know I can be a little kinda feisty at times.

I am not gonna try and pretend that its all just slipped in back the same as it was when He left, to a certain extent there was a few steps backwards as far as I can tell, but I have no doubt it wont be too long and I will be back up to speed.

Besides the everyday contact we had before He left, which I missed horribly while He was gone, I also missed the control.  I have pretty much done as I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted for the last month, so getting back to having that control again may take a little more effort than I had anticipated.

I complained that I wished I had been able to find a switch to turn it off when He left and wanted a switch to turn it back on when He arrived home, I am now thinking I DID manage to find that switch and it got turned off at some point over the last month, the problem is now...its not me that gets to turn it back on. Its His switch, it will be up to Him whether it gets turned back on.

Maybe I just feel weird because the inner slut didnt just reappear as I thought she may have when I knew He was home.

Give me a week or so to settle back into things and I am sure I will feel normal again.

Who ever said these journeys were like rollercoasters was right. They are.

Sometimes beyond wonderful.

Sometimes beyond bad.

Sometimes just plonked in the middle.

Sometimes feeling like the rollercoaster landed on Mars.

But its not a ride I want to get off just yet.

1 comment:

  1. Only 35 times...you show a lot of restraint.
    Smiles
    Can't well to hear how your meeting goes.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete