Tuesday, March 15, 2011

snakes and ladders....



A comment to Sarah the other day made me think this journey is a lot like snakes and ladders.

One minute you are safely standing on a square, feeling safe, then someone else rolls the dice, and its back to your turn...you roll the dice, and sometimes you go up...and sometimes you go down. Sometimes you just move sideways a little, but the landing at the bottom of the ladder always surprised me as a kid.

I hated having to go back over all those squares I had already been past.

I think its the impatience in me.........or it could be I feel like once I have learnt something, I shouldn't have to learn it all over again.

Don't get me wrong...nothing wrong with revision, but I like to do that when I am unsure, or have a doubt I need clarified. I often re-read Master and my chats over again after He has gone...smiling over some things and frowning over others. I never fail to see something that I missed during the conversations.

Last week was a quick trip DOWN the biggest ladder I have seen so far in my journey....now I feel like I have moved a little sideways...haven't gone too far up, but I haven't gone backwards either.

3 comments:

  1. girl,

    You have found that you are truly human in this weird and wonderful genre. Remember at the start I said it would be a journey. Every journey has its ups and downs or as you have clearly highlighted snakes and ladders.

    What you will find that with every snake you slide down the solid structure of the ladder you climb again is evident. So when you climb a ladder that feels like its made of twigs, fear not you might fall down but you will climb again a ladder that is made of thick branches. It is call learning, growing, understand and most importantly accepting.

    Please don't underestimate your Master in his knowledge and understanding for you and what you are going through. Like many men, i can harbour my thoughts and feeling but I do so very much value your submission to me and further I trust you implicitly.

    I also know that there are 97% 'vanilla doms' out there who are only wanting notches in their belt or to "get one away". I like your strength in telling them to "fuck off" and support you. Any purported dom (yes not the lack of capitol letter) who thinks that as a submissive you must submit to just anyone who calls them self a dom is living in koo koo land and clearly doesn't respect the sanctity of a collar or even a consideration collar.

    Stay true my girl, enjoy the journey and "let life happen" sometimes without trying to analyse it.

    Your Master

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to express my gratitude to the BOTH of you for sharing what is the most intimate experiences in one's life. Reading your stories, your trials and tribulations, your joys and your pains has helped me and my Master grow in a way words can not express. There is so much comfort in taking a journey (though a world a way) parallel to another couple. My hope is we can continue to learn from each other and watch our relationships grow and strengthen.
    His_girl I had a mentor that once said, "It is easy to climb the ladder of success if you trust who is holding it." Trust your Master with all you have and climb! If you fall, trust He will catch you.
    xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. arghhhh......

    2 days later I still have no words to reply to this, both of these comments made me cry a little in different ways

    ReplyDelete